Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Commentator Michael Corcoran the Cookie Munster

Following Ronan O'Gara's recent heroics in rounds 1 and 2 of the Heineken Cup, here's an amusing video that's doing the rounds that takes a look at how worked up Irish RTE Radio commentator Michael Corcoran was, so much so that he seemingly turned into the Cookie Monster.

You can view the two moments in full again via the related posts below

Posted in Funnies

The Green Mafia November 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Make him eat a cookie during matches. HMMHGMHGASNHGMGHMHGMHGM...!!

mise November 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Kermit just makes it, doesn't he? Its all about the ....timing.

skay2k November 29, 2011 2:39 pm

The man loves Munster.

Gallego November 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Corcoran sounds like a Spanish football commentator speaking English...

The Rant November 29, 2011 6:21 pm

corky munster?

Canadian content November 30, 2011 12:05 am

That was great, I wish more guys showed this kind of passion.

btw well played the rant

Huh!! the 3rd November 30, 2011 4:00 am

I usually don't like his commentary (he does this every bloody game, and not just for Munster either, considering he's a huge fan, but Leinster too) but this was justified. Watched this from mise's link last week, but definitely worth another look.

Donal Lenihan as Kermit, he'll never hear the end of that, though, he makes up for it with the greatest and longest lasting tache of all time (these newfangled pussies just grow one for November, Kermit's been rocking it for 30 plus years).

Colombes November 30, 2011 12:36 pm

haha
the 2 munster hold-ups are more easy to swallow after hearing these funny commentator

mise November 30, 2011 3:56 pm

@Huh - I suppose radio commentators are usually more 'urgent' and engaged as they have to paint a picture so to speak. The lack of passion in TV commentators is really annoying, and often complained about, quite rightly. (Thou the Auzzies do seem to get it right on TV)

Corky just gets in there and hits top gear v early on - thou I hadn't heard his overdrive gear before, as the cookie monster!

Personally, I prefer the urgency over the laconic - with Corky, its as if the team are always on the tryline, even when they are on their own 22...

Pretzel December 02, 2011 7:41 pm

I think the worst commentators are South African ones, they are so monotone and drone on and on, I like the Aussie ones I guess, as generally they are quite impartial (they obviously vote for Aus in the international games but they love a good hit), but my favourite is probably Andrew Cotter, I think he adds a good bit of emotion to his commentary, whilst being perhaps less knowledgeable about the intricacies of the game which therefore means he focusses more on what is happening rather than bitching about reffing decisions a la Brian Moore... (Who I also quite enjoy as I find although he has passion for England, he doesn't have rose tinted glasses on 24/7... but he does bitch about reffing SO much, which wears me down!)